Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Announcing Fedora Directory Server 1.0

Quoting Richard Megginson <rmeggins redhat com>:

Kevin M. Myer wrote:

Quoting Richard Megginson <rmeggins redhat com>:

Only issues I've seen so far are organizational charts throw an Apache server error (undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.),

What OS and version is this?

That error is with RHEL 3, update 5, with most errata applied.

Slightly different issue with FC4:

Can't load '/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/arch/auto/Mozilla/LDAP/API/API.so' for module Mozilla::LDAP::API: libldap50.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

Ah, because it probably didn't replace the old orgchart .pl scripts and config with the new ones.

I should have been more specific. The EL 3 undefined symbol was the forced upgrade. The FC 4 install is my workstation, which was a brand new install. I resolved the FC 4 issue by adding /opt/fedora-ds/shared/lib to my /etc/ld.so.conf (which I had incidentally already done on my test installation, but forgotten about).

So its just the undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef with RHEL 3 that I'm currently seeing. If you think this is of more interest to developers only, I can take the conversation there, off the users list.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator