[Fedora-directory-users] Server Side Sorting limitations/configuration

Thierry Lanfranchi thierry.lanfranchi at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 5 10:55:20 UTC 2005

Sorry for the slow answer, I've been busy reinstalling my dev platform :)

I don't get any error message while using FDS's version of ldapsearch
with "-x" option to enable server side sorting, and can't enable
debugging as I'd have to recompile the ldapsearch utility with
LDAP_DEBUG defined. As I don't have access to all necessary librairies
for now, it's not an option.

There's no error message in any of the three logs (access, error and audit).

I can confirm though that when I do a one-letter substring search, the
search seems as slow as an unindexed search, so I guess you're right
about oneletter searches being non-indexed.

Do you think there is anything I can do to enable oneletter indexes ?

Thanks in advance,
Thierry Lanfranchi
(PS: Sorry if my english's not that good, trying to do my best as it's
not my mother tongue)