[Fedora-directory-users] Windows NT4 Password Sync Problem

Hartmut Wöhrle hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de
Wed Dec 7 21:32:06 UTC 2005

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2005 15:17 schrieb Nathan Kinder:
> hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de wrote:
> >Hallo everyone,
> >
> >so now the Winsync from NT4 PDC -> FDS works fine (thanks to all)
> >
> >And now the next step gives me a problem.
> >I do the Password sync without SSL connection (only one problem at a
> > time).
>
> The PassSync service requires SSL.  If you take a look at the
> passsync.log file, it should have an error about your SSL config.
>
> -NGK

Is there a difffernec between AD and NT PDC, because in the discussion of
Winsync password from Dean Jones you write:

---- citation from Thu, 17 Nov 2005 ------
Nope. Accounts can sync fine without SSL. SSL is only required for passwords
to sync from AD -> FDS. You should take a look at the "errors" log on the FDS
side. You may want to enable replication level logging through the Console
application to get some useful info.

-NGK
---- end citation from Thu, 17 Nov 2005 ------

And the followup from David Boreham says:

---- citation from Thu, 17 Nov 2005 ------
Other way around. Password sync AD -> FDS works without SSL.
Password sync FDS -> AD requires SSL. AD will refuse to modify
a password unless you connect via SSL.
---- end citation from Thu, 17 Nov 2005 ------

Cu
Hartmut