[Fedora-directory-users] still working instructions through...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 8 22:45:42 UTC 2005

FDS is running as nobody UID - I checked off in console to run with SSL
eneabled, ignored warning about only root can run ports < 1024 restarted
server - you know what happened next   ;-)

OK so I have it turned off and server back up and running.

1. Following instructions on wiki...
   http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL

   # ./ldapsearch -b "dc=clsurvey,dc=com" -x -ZZ '(uid=jim)'
   SSL initialization failed: error -8192 (An I/O error occurred
   during security authorization.)

2. My guess is that is because SSL isn't on. How do I deal with running
   as UID nobody and SSL ?

Craig