[Fedora-directory-users] Console Login Problem

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 18:03:06 UTC 2005

It sounds like the initial setup failed.  I think the easiest way to get
going will be to rpm -e fedora-ds to uninstall everything, then
reinstall and run setup again, using the apache (or ldap) user and group
instead of root.  Fedora DS (currently) uses the same UID for the
directory server and the admin server, because some CGIs invoked by the
admin server need access to files owned by the directory server UID.
You can probably use the (standard) "ldap" user if you do not want to
use the default "nobody".