[Fedora-directory-users] SambaDomain

Jim Summers jsummers at bachman.cs.ou.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:37:45 UTC 2005

Hello List,

Everything going well with the evaluation / migration of FDS.  I did hit
one snag this morning that I have not been able to debug yet.

1. I used the LdapImport tool to migrate settings/schema from my running
iplanet5.1 ldap.

2. On my existing ldapserver I generated an ldif using db2ldif.

3. Then through the console imported that database.  All went well here
except it would not add an entry to my ou=samba that had:

objectClass:  sambaDomain

4. Looked through the 99user.ldif and it looks complete.

5. If I try to add the entry without an objectclass it, naturally says
it can't add without an object class.

Here is a ldif I am using:

dn: sambaDomainName=CSN,ou=samba,dc=cs,dc=ou,dc=edu
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-81879834-2421259029-2731548829
sambaAlgorithmicRidBase: 1000
objectClass: sambadomain
sambaNextUserRid: 67109862
sambaNextGroupRid: 67109863
sambaDomainName: CSN

I messed around with caps and stuff but no diff.

Any ideas what I have overlooked?

TIA
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma