[Fedora-directory-users] (no subject)

Steve Saady Steve.Saady at DSS.Virginia.gov
Tue Dec 20 15:12:14 UTC 2005

I am trying to migrate from OpenLDAP to Fedora-DS.  The LDAPImport utility seems like the fastest and easiest way to do it. Unfortunately, for me, it fails.  At the command line, it reports:
"Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at
LdapConnectionManager.pm line 486, <STDIN> line 9."

The log file reports:
"LdapConnectionManager: Currently connected -- searching."

TCPdump, indicates that the base DN of my search is null.  I do not
think this is relative, but when the script asks for the "email domain",
suggesting "netscaperoot", is that my normal e-mail domain?  The example
confuses me.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Which brings me to my current dilemma... Unable to use LDAPImport, I try
the  ol-schema-migrate.pl script, re-dir to a new file (i.e.,
perl ./ol-schema-migrate.pl inetorgperson.schema >
XXinetorgperson.ldif).  What should I call those resulting files?  I
assume I should call them *.ldif, but how do I determine what numeric
prefix to give them?  The highest numbers I have currently are 60
(60pam-plugin.ldif), and then 99 (99user.ldif).  Should I just number
mine counting up from 61?