[Fedora-directory-users] need help with ldap and sshd

John A Vestrum vestrum at msi.umn.edu
Wed Dec 21 15:15:34 UTC 2005

> Thanks for getting back to me; what should a properly formatted
> /etc/pam.d/sshd file for rhel4 or rhel3 look like?
>
> Aaron

You might try using authconfig to get a working set of pam files, and then tweak from there. On my rhel4 machine, /etc/pam.d/sshd and many other services just uses pam_stack to inherit the config from /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

/etc/pam.d/sshd:
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so

It sould like you have a working /etc/pam.d/login, so use that as a guide for editing your system-auth. Also make sure you have "UsePAM yes" in your sshd_config.

--
John Vestrum