[Fedora-directory-users] Admin limit exceeded

Jamie McKnight warthog at warthogsolutions.com
Thu Dec 22 15:48:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:16 -0600, Greg Looney wrote:
> While trying to setup admin users that are allowed to only change
> certian fields for users we keep getting the "administrator limit
> exceeded" when  doing  searches.  The only user that is able to do those
> searches is the "Directoy Manager"
> Any ideas?

It looks like that error is reported when the number of entries to sort
exceeds the look-through limit for the ldbm plugin settings.  Looks like
the default is 5k entries.  Are your searches returning more than 5k
entries?

I am looking at the source file fedora-ds-1.0/ldap/servers/slapd/back-
ldbm/sort.c if anybody wants to double check what I am seeing (search
for LDAP_ADMINLIMIT_EXCEEDED).

You can view/set the look-through limit in the console under the
configuration tab -> data -> database settings -> LDBM Plug-in Settings
tab.

Jamie