[Fedora-directory-users] FreeRadius LDAP Extensions

Taymour A. El Erian taymour.elerian at tedata.net
Sun Dec 25 15:07:51 UTC 2005

Roger Spencer wrote:

> Well, I added a description to the RadiusProfile object.  Still can't
> add it to a user, but  I can to a group, which is probably what I want
> anyway.
>
> I suspect user error on my part.  I'll go back to reading.
>
> Roger Spencer wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had any luck getting the FreeRadius LDAP extensions into DS?
>>
>> I've modified the RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema file that comes with
>> FreeRadius (as of version 1.0.5) to what seems to match the format DS
>> is expecting and placed it in the slapd config/schema directory as
>> 75radius.ldif (see attached).  When I restart slapd, the file loads
>> fine and I see it in the schema.  But when I try to add RadiusProfile
>> to the Object class section of a user account (using the advanced
>> settings), I get "Unknown error with naming attribute."
>>
>> Any ideas?

I am not an expert on FDS but I managed to convert the schema from
FreeRADIUS. I had to move the objectClass block from the end of the file
to the top and used the perl script to convert it. The result is
attached (am not sure if the name is correct or not)

--
Taymour A El Erian
System Division Manager
E-mail: taymour.elerian at tedata.net