[Fedora-directory-users] Chain On Update problem

ILoveJython danney.jarman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 22:54:27 UTC 2005

I have read the document:

Howto:ChainOnUpdate - Fedora Directory Server
<http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:ChainOnUpdate>

and have been unable to get it to work. When I attempt a write to the
consumer it makes the change on the
consumer and does not update the master. With the next change on the
master of any kind,
the mapping tree entry for this suffix changes from "nsslapd-state:
backend" to "nsslapd-state: referral on update".
Once this state changes, my client complains that it cannot update,
since it cannot follow referrals.

In addition, there are no log entries on the master to indicate any
activity back from the consumer to the master, i.e.
a proxy login.