[Fedora-directory-users] integrating samba and FDS/RHDS (draft 1)

Vesko support at belvedere.bg
Tue Jul 12 07:05:38 UTC 2005

Adam Stokes wrote:

>>>Another error i come upon in a next step of the howto:
>>>---
>>>[root at dt ~]# net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup='Domain Admins'
>>>unixgroup='Admins'
>>>adding entry for group Domain Admins failed!
>>>---
>>>I have an unix group 'Admins', samba and fedora-ds logs show nothing
>>>when executing this command
>>
>>When you created /etc/sambaGroups to be converted what values did you
>>use for the group?
>
> Sorry meant /tmp/sambaGroups and what is the output of ldapsearch -x -Z
> '(cn=Domain*)'
>
> thanks

Thank you for your reply
I made changes to /tmp/sambaGroup to get rid of some console errors i
get but still cant pass to the next step of the howto.
here is more information:
---
[root at dt /]# cat /etc/group
Domain Admins:x:512:
Domain Users:x:513:
Domain Guests:x:514:
Domain Computers:x:515:
---
[root at dt /]# cat /tmp/sambaGroups
Domain Admins:x:2512:
Domain Users:x:2513:
Domain Guests:x:2514:
Domain Computers:x:2515:
---
converted to ldif and imported to the directory. I can see the entries
in the directory.

---
[root at dt /]# net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup='Admins'  unixgroup='Admins'
adding entry for group Admins failed!
---