[Fedora-directory-users] Database recreation, automount and performance

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Jul 13 19:36:02 UTC 2005

David Boreham wrote on 07/13/2005 02:21 PM:
> Console performance is great for me. There should be
> no performance problems per se on that hardware.
> What operations in particular seem slow ?

Switching tabs and in particular browsing the data. We only have a few
hundred users, and it takes the GUI about 5 seconds to show the first
batch of users (about 15), and the performance does not improve even
after the whole list is loaded - clicking and scrolling take up to 10
seconds to respond. I'll probably stick with other tools for data
administration if I don't find ways to improve the console speed.

Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81