[Fedora-directory-users] integrating samba and FDS/RHDS (draft 1)

Adam Stokes astokes at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 20:54:03 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 13:55 +0300, Mike Jackson wrote:
> Adam Stokes wrote:
> > I have taken some time out to write up a rough draft on integrating
> > samba with RHDS/FDS. Please have a look and I welcome any and all
> > comments/modifications.
>

> Hi,
>   I read that document and it looks really good. Still, I have some
> comments:
>

> 1) It should be mentioned that RHDS and FDS are equal, so that the
> reader won't be confused.
>

> 2) When displaying instance location, it should show both RHDS and FDS, e.g.
>
> 	/opt/redhat-ds/slapd-<server>/config/schema
>
> 	or
>
> 	/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-<server>/config/schema

I had thought about that, however, anything RHDS related will probably
be available elsewhere (Red Hat Knowledgebase, Docs)

> 3) In order to further eliminate confusion, the instance directory could
> be referenced with backticks which can be escaped by the shell:
>
> 	/opt/redhat-ds/slapd-`hostname -s`

Will get that changed

Fixed on the wiki - http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Samba

> 5) The migration tools from openldap-servers are open source, why not
> just make them available for individual download as well. Somebody may
> not be able to install that RPM just to get those two scripts.
Good idea, however, I am not sure where to upload those scripts to on
the wiki

> And finally, what are you doing the document sources with? If you do it
> with DocBook, then it's much easier for people to send contribution patches.
Good idea, picked up a little bit of docbook knowledge and am in the
process of converting my documents. Those are available on
people.redhat.com/astokes