[Fedora-directory-users] users not showing up in directory listing

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Jun 29 14:58:59 UTC 2005

Brian K. Jones wrote:

>I'm logged into the console as admin, and it shows up in a search *within the
>console*, but then it doesn't show up in the "People" listing.
>
>When I do a search in the console, I'm not specifying a base.
>
>When I search from the command line, I'm doing so anonymously, using the
>openldap tools.
>
>ldapsearch -h ldap1 -x '(uid=ajonesy)'   <-- this command returns data fine.
>
>The base is specified in my ldap.conf file as the root of my tree (as opposed
>to one level down in "People"). My tree only has People and Group right now.

Look in the access log to find the search that the console is performing
when the users do not show up. Then run that search from the command line.
That might reveal the difference. I suspect the console might be doing VLV
searches, but there shouldn't be any difference in the set of entries
returned.