[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu Jun 2 16:10:09 UTC 2005

Nathan Kinder wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> It appears that you are getting this error because you don't have a
> domain set on your box.  If you look at the end of the error output,
> it has your admin server URL as "http://vectra-4.(none):1500".  It
> doesn't like the "(none)" that it is encountering.  You should set
> your domainname and see if that fixes your problem.
>
> -NGK

Hi,
 Yes, I noticed that after I wrote the mail. I fixed it, and now I get a
slew of java errors. I was able to figure out how to use the bugzilla,
and I reported this java problem there also:

[root at vectra-4 fedora-ds]# ./startconsole &
[1] 4748
[root at vectra-4 fedora-ds]# Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel.initialize(WindowsLookAndFeel.java:154)
        at
com.netscape.management.nmclf.SuiLookAndFeel.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:424)
        at
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.common_init(Unknown Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at com.netscape.management.client.console.Console.main(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2159)
        at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:76)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:287)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1488)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1511)
        ... 6 more

[1]+  Done                    ./startconsole

--
mike