[Fedora-directory-users] Hello!

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Thu Jun 2 18:07:16 UTC 2005

Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> Shawn Kennedy wrote:
>
>> OK, as what appears as the first person posting to this
>> list, I'm *very* interested in the multimaster support
>> since support for such a thing in OpenLDAP is extremely experimental.
>> I'm also looking for information on how
>> to configure and manage this software via a command line
>> or config file. The GUI that is supplied is not what
>> I need.

I don't think there is yet explicit doc on how to do this.
However, all the necessary information is available.
Configuring replication agreements boils down to creating
the correct configuration entries (via LDAP). You can do
this with for example a Perl script and the 'ldapmodify' command.
A good place to start would be to configure what you want
using the UI, and then insepect the entries created. You
should then be able to make similar entries with a script.
The schema guide in the documentation has details on
all the attributes used in the replication configuration entries.