[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu Jun 2 18:53:09 UTC 2005

Mike Jackson wrote:
> Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>
>> What JVM are you using?  I'll bet you're using the one that comes with
>> some Linux distro.  Right now the admin tools require the one of
>> Sun-derived JVMs.

Note:

After installing all of the xorg-x11 RPMS and the
java-1.4.2-ibm-1.4.2.1-1jpp_2rh.i386.rpm on RHEL4, as well as modifying
the /etc/sshd_config to allow x11 forwarding, and restarting sshd, I now
have the admin console running.

It seems that the console works just fine with the IBM JVM. I flipped
through all of the tabs, and was able to see logs from the server, as
well as other queried information. Do you know why it requires a SUN
derived JVM, e.g. what was the problem? The only reason I have installed
the IBM JVM is that it comes with RHEL extras CD, so I figure there is a
better chance that it works out of the box with RHEL4...

Mike

--
LDAP Directory Consulting - http://www.netauth.com