[Fedora-directory-users] How about support on Windows ?

Bacchu, Anjan Anjan.Bacchu at Summit.Fiserv.com
Fri Jun 3 22:47:40 UTC 2005

Hi All,

    I know that as of now, it is supported on Linux and Solaris, but I'm
wondering what it takes to
deploy it on Windows NT(2000, xp, 2003, ETC).

    Since redhat supports cygwin AND originally NDS worked on Windows, it
should NOT be too
difficult. What would be more useful would be a native port of NDS on
Windows (minGNU comes to mind)
what with APR(http://apr.apache.org/) available.

	Are there any efforts to
a) come out with a binary for windows
b) help anyone who's already working on a windows port.
c) atleast provide a source level build.

LDAP is seriously needed (and missing) on enterprise infrastructures and
support for Windows(as
Firefox showed) will take a product much further than without windows.

Thank you,

BR,
~A