[Fedora-directory-users] Automatically incrementing uidNumber

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Tue Jun 7 21:51:18 UTC 2005

Rich Megginson wrote:

> Ok, I see.  Sure.  I would love to get a list of features of other LDAP
> administration tools that are not supported by the Fedora DS console.
> 1) Support auto-increment of uidNumber (other attributes?  gidNumber?)
> 2) Support for shadowAccount host based access restriction (feature of
> DirectoryAdministrator)

I am the current maintainer of that Directory Administrator project, btw
.. Perhaps DA could be modified to handle some FDS administration tasks.

I also do have some desire to work on the FDS console features, but not
as long as it's in Java!!! The only thing I have to do with Java is
drinking 6 cups a day of it.

BR,
Mike

--