[Fedora-directory-users] PAM authentication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 13:54:42 UTC 2005

Thomas Mathiesen wrote:

>>>1. How do I add posixAccounts in the admin web interface (eg.
>>>http://ldap.mydomain.com:15613/clients/dsgw/bin/lang?context=dsgw)?
>>>

>>You can't in the _web_ interface, but you can in the console.  This
>>won't work from the Users&Groups tab in the main console window.  Open
>>the Directory Server into which you want to add the users.  Go to the
>>Directory tab.  With the Properties editor, you can "posix" enable an
>>existing user or create a new user with the posix attributes.
>>

>But the console seems to need you to run some kind of java app, and I believe
>this needs X?
>My server has no X installed.
>
>Isn't there a setting somewhere? In a clear text file (for defaults)

The file that controls this UI is
serverroot/clients/dsgw/config/display-orgperson.html.  This is a
"template" that is parsed by the CGIs and rendered as HTML.  If you look
at line 188 in this file you will see where it sets the objectclasses
for the new user.  It would be easy to add the shadowAccount to this
list - the only required attribute is "uid" which is already supplied by
the UI.  Unfortunately, it would be more difficult to add posixAccount
to this list because that objectclass requires cn, uidNumber, gidNumber,
and homeDirectory, which are not part of the UI.  So those fields would
have to be added.  I think this would be a good enhancement, to either
add shadow and posix account support to display-orgperson.html, or
create a new template for posix/shadow accounts.