Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Ideas for fds - roles / forward groups [Auf Viren geprüft]

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Jun 14 17:43:49 UTC 2005

This all sounds great.

I began to write a roles RFC way back in the day, but
stopped when our work went in a different direction.

That effort could be resurrected.

> All the dynamic magic, usage with CoS, etc can still be a
> differentiating benefit of FDS (unless Red Hat wants that to be part
> of the standard).

There's a lot of work to implement this stuff and to make it work
efficiently (and to ensure that it's well tested, documented and supported).
I don't see any value to RH in restricting what is included in a standard.