[Fedora-directory-users] features

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 14:30:17 UTC 2005

http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Features

> don't provide information about some common features that
> are supported by OpenLDAP. Some of such features include,

All of these features and more are documented here -
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/
A quick glance at the table of contents for these docs will give you a
lot of information about these and many more features.

> support for SNMP,

Yes.

> password hashing,

Yes - crypt, SHA, SSHA, and (new in Fedora DS) MD5.

> support of LDAP search
> filters such as presence, equality, inequality, sub-string,
> approximate and boolean operators,

Yes.

> support for consumer-
> initiated replication,

Not exactly.  However, Fedora DS can be configured to have a searchable
changelog (cn=changelog) which can be polled periodically.  In addition,
FDS supports persistent search.

> support for supplier-initiated
> replication,

Yes.

> support for Digital certificates,

Yes.  Clients can use certificates to authenticate to FDS, and admins
can configure mapping the cert subject DN to the user's LDAP entry.

> support for
> XMLDAP gateway and whether the Directory server support
> XML for integration with external applications.

I think you mean DSMLv2.  Yes, FDS includes a DSMLv2 gateway.