[Fedora-directory-users] Ready production use?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 19:03:31 UTC 2005

Sam Tran wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like to know what the status of the initial release of FEDORA
>Directory Server is?

Fedora DS 7.1 is practically the same as the fully supported and ready
for production use Red Hat Directory Server 7.1.

>Is it considered as a stable release for production use?

Yes.

>In June 15,2005  MD5 password hashing was added. What are the other
>future addons? The roadmap is not clear to me?

We're still working on the roadmap for the next release.  We will
probably add support for 64 bit RHEL/FC, and we're working on releasing
the other components as open source.
Roadmap (empty for now) - http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Roadmap
Wishlist (a few items) - http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Wishlist