[Fedora-directory-users] features

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu Jun 23 21:17:36 UTC 2005

Rich Megginson wrote:

> It's very different.  For one, the ACI syntax is different.  For
> another, AFAIK, the way in-tree ACIs work with OL is that they are
> stored in the cn=config tree instead of being in the aci operational
> attribute in the regular tree.

The OL "experimental" ACI support existed long before OL supported
cn=config (which only came in the just released 2.3 branch, afaik).

I haven't used the old ACI support with OL, but I really would have
thought that they just implemented a verbatim copy of Netscape ACI syntax.

Maybe it's time to play around a little with OL this weekend.

--
mike