[Fedora-directory-users] PAM problem - ldap_search_s No such object

Billy Allan billy at elec.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 15:28:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

First of all can I just say a quick thanks to Red Hat and the people
who've worked on this?  It looks _wonderful_.

However.... ;-)   I'm trying to get a Linux client (SuSe 9.2) to
authenticate against the directory, but keep seeing :

Jun 24 16:35:33 xxxxxxxx sshd[780]: pam_ldap: ldap_search_s No such object
Jun 24 16:35:33 xxxxxxxx sshd[775]: error: PAM: User not known to the
  underlying authentication module for illegal user testeroo from xxxxxxxx

I was assuming this was a problem with anonymous access.  I set the
access control in the Directory (Enable Anonymous Access -> Edit ->
Targets -> UserPassword) but it didn't seem to make any difference.
(The user has the posix stuff filled out ok too).

I can search the directory from the client (I can get Thunderbird to use
it as the addressbook for instance).

Am I missing something else?

Billy.