[Fedora-directory-users] support for non-localy stored passwords?

alex at milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Tue Jun 28 20:52:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I don't have Fedora Directory Server installed (yet).  However, there's one
feature from OpenLDAP that is must-have before even attempting to play with
FDS.

In OpenLDAP, if I use string like "{SASL}username at REALM" as a value for
userPassword attribute, and have "pwcheck_method: saslauthd" in
/usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf, then OpenLDAP will use saslauthd to authenticate the
user (passing it "username at REALM" and whatever password user supplied).  I've
read that FDS supports SASL, but does it support this feautre too?

Thanks,
Aleksandar Milivojevic