[Fedora-directory-users] role of uxwdog?

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Sat Nov 5 18:10:11 UTC 2005

David Boreham wrote:

>> I don't know about a watchdog for ns-slapd, I'll leave that up to the
>> more learned LDAP gurus.
>

> Simple : The LDAP server never crashes.
>
> ;)

I have setup an LDAP server watchdog before with OpenLDAP and
Daemontools. It works like a charm.

To work with daemontools, a daemon should be able to start without
forking itself into the background, e.g. with -f switch or similar, and
log all of it's output to stdout (access, errors, etc). OpenLDAP can do
this, but I don't believe that FDS can (although it would certainly be a
great feature to add because daemontools really kick ass).

--
mike