[Fedora-directory-users] make an attribute default to object class?

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Mon Nov 7 12:42:58 UTC 2005

speedy zinc wrote:
> Ok, I have this weird idea that I want to make a new
> attribute an allowed attribute of an existing
> objectclass
> and all its sub-classes, but without modifying the
> definition of the existing class, only thru extension.

I suggest that you get a good reference book to really get a grasp on
what you are doing instead of using ad-hoc, trial and error sort of
design methods.

"LDAP Programming, Management, and Integration" by Clayton Donley

Chapter 2 "Understanding the LDAP Information Model" has all the
information you need.

BR,
Mike