[Fedora-directory-users] How to ldapsearch password expiration data?

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Thu Nov 10 17:05:29 UTC 2005

Rich,

Thanks - I can see them now.

However, now I have questions about the semantics of password
expiration. The NIS+ tables store the account (not password) expiration
date as the absolute day number (from year 0). I'm trying to replicate
these data in FDS.

1. First of all, I'm not sure that the password expiration feature does
the same thing. When the password expires, will the user be prompted to
change it or will he be locked out?

2. Second, I can't even test it, because I can't seem to force an
expiration. The passwordMaxAge attribute is the number of days after
which the password will expire. Well, it's the number of days *since
when*? Since today? How is it updated then as the time goes by? Or since
the first logon? Where is it stored then?

I am truly missing something. The admin guide does not make it clear.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson