[Fedora-directory-users] Account expiration on Solaris 2.8 does notwork.

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Fri Nov 18 18:49:35 UTC 2005

Gary,

You totally rule! Thanks! I'll try patching next week.

BTW - I'm not using native Solaris client, I have installed the Openldap
client libraries.

How do I change the ACL below? If I select "access permissions" menu
item on the dc=example,dc=com, I get a window with the following ACls
defined:

Enable anonymous access
Enable self write for common attributes
Configuration Administrator
Configuration Administrator Group
Directory Administrator Group
SIE Group

I can also add new ACLs, but I'm not sure how to find the one you are
referring to.

Thanks,
Simon

 > 1) Did you change this ACL? this is a workaround to make pam_ldap
work with account management.

 > In FDS, open Directory Server, select defaultSearchBase, i.e.
dc=example,dc=com and edit one of the listed ACIs, which is usually
named “LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read”:

 > Change it.
 >
 > From:
 > (target="ldap:///dc=example,dc=com")(targetattr="userPa
ssword")(version 3.0; acl LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read;
allow (compare,read,search) userdn =
"ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=example,dc=com"
;)<http://swforum.sun.com/jive/images/emoticons/wink.gif>

 > To:
 > (target="ldap:///dc=example,dc=com")(targetattr="us
erPassword")(version 3.0; acl LDAP_Naming_Services_proxy_password_read;
allow (compare,search) userdn =
ldap:///cn=proxyagent,ou=profile,dc=example,dc=com
;)<http://swforum.sun.com/jive/images/emoticons/wink.gif>

 > 2) After creating user entry, did you add "posixAccount" as well as
"shadowAccount" to them in admin. console? and enter values for
uidNumber and gidNumber posixAccount attributes.

 > 3) Make VERY sure that your user entry contains VALID homeDirectory
path and loginShell.

 > 4) If netgroup compat mode is used on Solaris8 Native LDAP Client,
you got to blank out 2nd and 3rd fields of all + at netgroupX lines, eg:

 > + at netgroup1 <mailto:+ at netgroup1> ::::::::
 > + at netgroup2 <mailto:+ at netgroup2> ::::::::
 >
 > 5) Make sure LDAP domain name in /etc/defautdomain is defined at
Solaris8 LDAP Client, and a nisDomainObject "example.com" exists at the
root entry of the LDAP DIT.

 > # echo "example.com" >/etc/defaultdomain
 > # domainname `cat /etc/defaultdomain`
 >
 > 6) Check that passwordStorageScheme in cn=config is "crypt"
 >
 > Gary

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko