[Fedora-directory-users] Winsync Problem with NT4

Hartmut Wöhrle hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de
Wed Nov 23 15:40:16 UTC 2005

Hello Everyone,

it seems as if everyone is syncing with AD but not with an NT PDC.... except
of me.

I have a Problem while setting up a connection:
I set up winsync at the PDC (not passwordsync up till now) and I try to
initiate a first init-replication. Then nothing happens and the FDS says
"Loop detected"
But at the PDC side I see an entry in the usersync.log with tells me, which
"uid=...." I'm using to connect.

Maybe it is because I used the wrong password at the first try (PDC side)? I
read in the manual that
"After the service is installed and started the first time the password can
only be changed via an LDAP modify operation, not the configuration file."

Ldapmodify - where?? PDC or FDS side?
But I'm not able to find the place where this PDC information would be stored
in the FDS - so I guess ldapmodify at the PDC?
Or is uninstall and re-install the only chance to fix it?

See U
Hartmut

    Hartmut Woehrle
    EMail: hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de