[Fedora-directory-users] 'No Such Object' when importing LDIFfrom OpenLDAP

Del del at babel.com.au
Tue Nov 29 02:41:10 UTC 2005

Tim Edwards wrote:
> I'm trying to import the data from our OpenLDAP server into FedoraDS.
> I've exported the data from OpenLDAP into an LDIF file and am now trying
> to import that into my Fedora DS instance, unfortunately it gets errors
> on the first entry. I tried just seperating out the first entry into its
> own LDIF file:
>
> dn: cn=Domain Users,ou=groups,dc=registriesltd,dc=com,dc=au

You need to (manually) create the ou=groups,dc=registriesltd,dc=com,dc=au
entry before you add this as others have suggested.

> gidNumber: 513
> sambaSID: S-1-5-21-1837449576-3234076748-520123900-513

You will probably have to add a schema extension before you add this
attribute -- have you read the stuff in the Fedora Directory Server
wiki about getting schema entries from OpenLDAP (in whose format the
samba schema extensions are provided) into FDS?

> objectClass: sambaGroupMapping

Alternatively, if you know the OID of the sambaGroupMapping object
class then you can use LdapImport to import the object and its
attributes directly from your running OpenLDAP DS into your running
FDS.

> creatorsName: cn=samba,ou=special,dc=registriesltd,dc=com,dc=au
> createTimestamp: 20041013050147Z
> modifiersName: cn=samba,ou=special,dc=registriesltd,dc=com,dc=au
> modifyTimestamp: 20041013050147Z

You don't want to attempt to import these attributes from your LDIF
file into FDS.

LdapImport should be able to help you out here:

http://wiki.babel.com.au/index.php?area=Linux_Projects&page=LdapImport

--
Del