[Fedora-directory-users] Consumer directory server crashes during configuring Single-Master replication in Console ("Unable to contact LDAP Server")

JURGEN KOBIERCZYNSKI JURGEN.KOBIERCZYNSKI at nationale-loterij.be
Tue Oct 11 12:13:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

Are there issues known with configuring replication?

I try to configure the read-only replica for a Single-Master
replication. Therefore I've deleted the original root-suffix on the
consumer(,because I will replicate this from the supplier), recreated a
new suffix, create a replication entry, and then enable the replica
checkbox on the suffix' database in the replication folder under the
configuration tab. Then I check dedicated consumer, fill in the bind DN,
and the supplier url. When I try to save this configuration the
directory server console looses all connection to the ldap server
(message "can not connect to LDAP server", and the ldap process
terminates.

I tried this in 2 configurations: a Single-Master replication between 2
servers, and a Single-Master replication between 2 directory instances
on the same server, and in both scenarios the ldap server terminates.
What did I wrong? Should I leave the original root-suffix intact on the
consumer and do I need to define 2 different root-suffixes on the
servers? I've used the same root suffix on both servers.

Thanks in advance.

Jurgen Kobierczynski
Assistant Network & Security Engineer
Nationale Loterij
Departement Operations & ICT
Tel. : +32 (0)2 238.47.42
Fax : +32 (0)2 238.47.18
GSM : +32 (0) 477 43.68.31
E-mail : jurgen.kobierczynski at nationale-loterij.be

This email and any attachments thereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s).
 Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.
This email and any attachments are susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
The National Lottery accepts no liability in connection therewith.