[Fedora-directory-users] windows sync problem

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Oct 12 20:02:01 UTC 2005

Jón Björn Njálsson wrote:

> NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=Active dir" (badabing:636):
>windows_replay_update: failed to fetch local entry for add operatio
>n dn="cn=rhi_staff,dc=rhi,dc=hi,dc=is"
>
>Can anyone tell me what this error means and how to fix it ?

This is rather strange. It's saying that the add operation for
your group was found in the changelog, but when the sync
code tried to fetch the entry from the database, it failed.
I'm not sure how that could have happened (it can't even
happen if the entry is deleted because its tombstone remains).

Did anything out of the ordinary happen between adding
the group entry and the message ? (power outage, restored
database from backup, that kind of thing) ?