[Fedora-directory-users] Very NewBye

Enrico Valsecchi admin at hostyle.it
Thu Oct 27 13:15:36 UTC 2005

Dear All,

I'm a very newbye user of fedora-directory ....
To start, I have a big problem!
:-(

Well, I have downloaded and installed from rpm package.
O.K., I'm creat a .inf file, wit this content:

[General]
FullMachineName=   localhost.localdomain
SuiteSpotUserID=   ldap
ServerRoot=   /opt/ldapserver
[slapd]
ServerPort=   389
ServerIdentifier=   localhost
Suffix=   dc=localhost,dc=localdomain
RootDN=   cn=Directory Manager
RootDNPwd=   password

and I'm go to /opt/fedora-ds/bin/slapd/admin/bin.
Run perl ds_newinst.pl my_new_inf_file

O.K., Perl script run and at console I retry this message:

CGI /opt/ldapserver/bin/slapd/admin/bin/ds_newinst failed with 1: here is the
output:

error:could not create server localhost - Could not
write /opt/ldapserver/bin/slapd/admin/scripts/template-ldif2db.pl
to /opt/ldapserver/slapd-localhost/ldif2db.pl (No such file or director).
NMC_Status: 1
Error: could not run /opt/ldapserver/bin/slapd/admin/bin/ds_newinst: 1
Error: Could not create new directory server instance

User "nobody" are o.k. into my system, and permission /opt/ldapserver is
nobody.root with write permission on user, group and read to all

Some people have a solutions?

Many thanks,

Enrico