[Fedora-directory-users] Importing private key into certificate store

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 15:33:03 UTC 2005

Or since you have 2 PEM files, you can use openssl to convert it into
PKCS#12 file:

% openssl pkcs12 -export -in cert.pem -inkey key.pem -out cert.p12 -name
\"Server-Cert\" -passout pass:foo

You can then import that into your database with something like:

% pk12util -i cert.p12 -d <server-root>/alias -P slapd-YOURHOST- -W foo

Replace <server-root> with the path to your DS install, probably
/opt/fedora-ds. Check the alias directory to see what the value of
YOURHOST should be. Note that the trailing dash is important.

rob