[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 21 12:01:17 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 7:53 am, Nabeel Moidu wrote:
> On 9/20/05, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Pedro Rodrigues wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a document like an howto that can explain how we can
> > > syncronize FDS with AD ? Anyone that have already do this .
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/sync.html#2836267
> >
> > Note that you are strongly encouraged to get it working _without_
> > SSL/TLS first, then go back and enable the use of SSL/TLS, despite what
> > the docs say. Do not run this in a production environment without using
> > SSL/TLS.
> >
> > > Thanks.
>
> Two doubts here
> I have synced win2k03 group cn=users,dc=domain,dc=tld and FDS group
> ou=people,dc=domain,dc=tld.
> (The default groups , i have not touched the schema)
> 1)Are the attributes for any user in the two servers the same? If there are
> attributes that are there in AD and not in FDS or vice versa , does it
> simply ignore it during the sync?
> 2)When using this setup for Postfix authentication from the FDS , do we
> need to add any additional attributes in the AD or the FDS (Since i intend
> to use the AD for user creation) to get the postfix authentication working?
> 3)Lastly does postfix work with LDAP with the default installation along
> with RHEL? The documentation in
> http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.htmlspecifies configuration options
> for use with OpenLDAP .Is it the same for
> FDS?
> I hope to put up a full doc wiki entry somewhere once the whole thing once
> its all done.
> Thanks in advance
> Best Regards
> Nabeel

Nabeel,

Not answers to your questions, but a request to you:

For whatever reason, I've struggled to get my win2k3 ADS and FDS to sync
properly.  Would you be kind enough to share a step-by-step of how you set up
the sync?  (If others on the list feel that this should be done off-list,
please let me know).

Thanks.

Dimitri