[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 21 15:56:48 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:38 am, Nabeel Moidu wrote:
> Dimitri
> Can you tell us where u got stuck or what is the error.
> For me the sync was pretty straight through except for
> finding the passsync.msi file which was in the installation package
> itself( i wasted a lot of time googling for it).
> By the way i used the default windows administrator user and setup
> the sync without the ssl stuff.
> Regards
> Nabeel
>
> On 9/21/05, David Boreham <david_list at boreham.org> wrote:
> > >Thanks for pointing me to the manual - I've read it. I'm sure it's my
> > > own stupidity that has caused me to misconfigure something regarding
> > > sync. I
> >
> > was
> >
> > >hoping that someone who had gone through the process of setting up
> >
> > winsync
> >
> > >might share that with me; perhaps that would help me catch my error.
> > >Obviously, the manual didn't work for a non-genius like me.
> >
> > The step by step guide in the manual was written by someone
> > that had gone through the steps themselves (a non-developer).
> > Anyway, could you try the steps listed in the 'troubleshooting'
> > section of the winsync manual chapter, in particular enable
> > replication logging ? That will probably produce some useful
> > error log output, which you can post here and we'll attempt to
> > determine what's not working.
> >

> > --

Nabeel,

Thanks for your response!

I'm not sure where I'm getting stuck (and, at this point, I'm just totally
confused).  If using the default administrator for sync purposes works, then
that's what I'll do.  Do I need to create a corresponding user anywhere on
the FDS box (in FDS or in the underlying OS [actually, the underlying OS
doesn't like the user "administrator"]).  I don't care just yet about
password synchronization, so do I need to use the Windows sync program?  Is
it really just a matter of creating the proper sync agreement?

Thanks.

Dimitri