[Fedora-directory-users] How to migrate a server instance of NS directory 4.1 to FC ns directory 7.1?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Thu Sep 29 15:01:09 UTC 2005

Jet Young wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I used to have a server instance created by NS directory
> 4.1.And there were many datas in the DB and personal schemas.The DB
> and the personal schemas were backuped by copying the original db
> files. That is I have two original server's configure files named
> "sldap_user_at.conf" and "sladp_user_oc.conf", and I have some db
> files named "*.db2".

In theory you should be able to use the old 4.x -> 5.x migration scripts.
They should still be in the product somewhere. Might need some reverse
engineering of the Perl, I suspect you'll be on your own with that.
To get the data you can either find an old DS4.x binary and get it
to run, then use db2ldif to get the ldif file. Otherwise you'd need to
write (or have someone write) a simple program that uses the correct
historical BerkeleyDB release to dump the id2entry.db2 file to ldif.