[Fedora-directory-users] Hostname does not match CN....

Alex aka Magobin magobin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:19:34 UTC 2006

On lun, 2006-04-03 at 14:18 -0700, George Holbert wrote:
> > Uhm...I can try, but in that case, is it possible that I've a problem
> > with replication ?
>
> I don't think so.  I've noticed that replication agreements over SSL
> don't seem to care about hostname / CN matching, although they do check
> that the CA is trusted.  If I have the wrong impression on this, someone
> please say so :).
>
> In your replication agreements, you'd still want to use the
> 'nodo1.domain.example.com' or 'nodo2.domain.example.com' names, as
> 'ldap.domain.example.com' would obviously not be specific enough.

today I tried to issue 2 server certs using the same CA...using the same
CN...I can make correctly the certs and in Manage Certificate I can see
both server certs with the same name...but when I try to establish ssl
encryption between servers:

NSMMReplicationPlugin -agmt="cn="Replication to
nodo1.domain.example.com""(nodo1:636): Simple bind failed, LDAP sdk
error 81 (Can't contact LDAP server), Netscape Portable Runtime error-
12276 (Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name
does not match the server's certificate.)

Is there someone that use two server Fedora DS to authenticate clients?
Even if I can browse in clear mode FDS both on nodo1 and nodo2...in
encrypt mode only one can certificate my clients?

alex