[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Hostname does not match CN

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Wed Apr 5 19:51:37 UTC 2006

> Someone should file a bug report with Sun then, since LDAP RFC2830
> defines support for subjectAltName and not for wildcard certs. The
> LDAPbis specifications will be pretty much the same here. I.e., Sun's
> LDAP library is not LDAPv3 compliant. RHEL uses OpenLDAP libraries,
> which are fully LDAPv3 compliant.

I think 2830 does mention wildcards as acceptable, but I would prefer to
use subjectAltNames if possible.  So I agree it would be great if Sun
would add this support to their Solaris LDAP name service client.  I
believe part of the problem is that the Solaris client uses a fairly
ancient version of the NSS toolkit (although Sun DS, like Fedora DS,
uses a much more recent version).