[Fedora-directory-users] Odd admin console problem

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 21:25:04 UTC 2006

Brian Moyles wrote:

>We're in the process of evaluating FDS, but have run into a small problem.
>I'm forwarding X from the server back to my OS X box running Apple's X11.
>When I run startconsole, I get a half-drawn login window.  I've tried a few
>different jvms from different vendors, no luck.

Which JVM's have you tried?  I would recommend the 1.4 IBM or Sun JVM.
1.5 should work as well.  I would also make sure that you are really
using the Java you think you are.  In FDS 1.0.2, startconsole doesn't
use your $JAVA_HOME setting.  It simply uses the first java binary in
finds in $PATH.

>http://mirrors.playboy.com/~bmoyles/fds-console.png
>I'm sure I'm missing something simple here... Any thoughts?

I've been able to redirect to my OS X box before, but that was with an
earlier Directory Server version.  I don't have my OS X laptop with me
right now, but I'll give this a try with FDS 1.0.2 later and let you
know if it works.

-NGK