[Fedora-directory-users] OS Migration

Jim Summers jsummers at bachman.cs.ou.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:29:12 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I am closing in on my target date to switch over to FDS.  On my test machines
I have been running with FC4.  I need to re-install the operating system and
when I do I will have to use RHEL4.

My plan was to shutdown the DS.
Then make a tarball of /opt/fedora-ds and several other directories.
Next re-install with RHEL4
Drop in my iptables
Install fedora-ds and verify the OS / performance settings.
Then extract my fedora-ds tarball
and then hold my breath and start the DS service(s) and presto all is well???

Does this sound like a feasible approach?

I am a little unsure if it will break any of my configured ssl stuff.  Which
is a basic self-signed scenario using the /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin/certutil
for the key generation.

TIA
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma