[Fedora-directory-users] Search optimization?

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:02:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that FDS is significantly slower in answering queries than
openldap. If I run 'ls -l /home' on the list of 64 home directories
whose owners are all different, I get the list back in 1 second if I use
openldap. Version 7 of FDS took 16 seconds, and FDS 1.0.2 takes 12 seconds.

The docs mention increasing cache sides to improve performance, but my
cache is set to 10 M, which seems to be large enough, and the timing
does not improve if I run 'ls -l' repeatedly. Is there anything else I
can tune?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson