[Fedora-directory-users] Admin password stored in plain text

womble womble at zaniyah.org
Wed Apr 12 09:33:21 UTC 2006

I installed Fedora-DS recently and I've been fairly pleased with it.
There is just one thing that I've noticed that I really dislike - the
password for the admin user that is created during setup is stored in
plain text in /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/adm.conf.

A friend who uses Sun's DS has the same issue, but says it doesn't
bother him because "it's not entirely obvious that it's a password",
which I think is rather lame.

Is it likely that this will get changed in the near future so that it is
for example stored in an encrypted format?

Jess