[Fedora-directory-users] Exporting MD5 Hash from FD-DS into/etc/shadow

DeMarco, Dennis DDeMarco at seisint.com
Wed Apr 19 20:12:15 UTC 2006

I had some time to play with this. I do not believe it can be done
easily unless another password storage mechanism is made as a plug-in.

The GNU-MD5 password format for /etc/shadow I believe is:

$1$, followed by an 8 character salt, $, 22 character hash.

Seems like something that could be very useful though. I have some
servers in which are considered super 'production' not in LDAP but liked
to export users from LDAP to make /etc/passwd/shadows.

- Dennis