[Fedora-directory-users] admin user password reset

Dan Hawker danhawker at wessexmc.org.uk
Wed Apr 26 12:37:41 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Have managed to access the console from my Windows machine. (ended up
testing with a vmware instance I have around for testing Linux client
probs), however I seem to be having trouble logging on and wondered how
you reset the admin users password or why I am getting this error.

I can used ldapmodify and ldapsearch OK (just tests) using the Directory
Manager user, however it seems from reading some docs that it needs the
admin user to login.

I use the username fdsadmin and a password. have checked in the adm.conf
and admpw file and I am pretty sure all is right, I just can't login.

The error I get are below.

Thanks

Dan

#### FDS Console pop-up
Cannot logon because of an incorrect User ID, Incorrect password or
Directory problem.

HttpException;
Response: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
#### EOF
My Windows command-line window displayed the following also...
#### Windows command-line output
Starting Console
Fedora-Management-Console/1.0 B2006.060.1930
CommManager> New CommRecord (http://prospero:1500/admin-serv/authenticate)
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] open> Ready
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] accept>
http://prospero:1500/admin-serv/authenticate
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> GET  \
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> /admin-serv/authenticate \
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send>  HTTP/1.0
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> Host: prospero:1500
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> Connection: Keep-Alive
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> User-Agent: Fedora-Management-Console/1.0
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> Accept-Language: en
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> Authorization: Basic  \
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send> ZmRzYWRtaW46dHlwaDAwbg== \
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send>
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] send>
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] recv> HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] error> HttpException:
Response: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
http://prospero:1500/[0:0] close> Closed
####EOF