[Fedora-directory-users] FDS to AD sync weirdness ... CN changes, unique constraints.

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Fri Apr 28 18:32:50 UTC 2006

Elias,
I agree with you that AD is wrong on this.

I believe that CN is a multivalued attribute (at least in FDS).  So, if
it's any help, you could have unique CNs that are used in the entries'
DNs, and optionally have additional CNs that may not be unique.

e.g.,
dn: cn=Kristín Jónsdóttir_00,ou=people,dc=example,dc=edu
cn: Kristín Jónsdóttir_00
cn: Kristín Jónsdóttir
telephoneNumber: 123-456-7890

The "_00" unique suffix is just an example, you could use whatever you
like of course.