[Fedora-directory-users] FDS Replication problem

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Mon Aug 7 17:22:38 UTC 2006

jamsda wrote:
> Yeah, I tested the pings by hostnames and all four
> servers resolve. They are resolving using local
> /etc/hosts although.

That's the problem. FDS doesn't use /etc/hosts. The one machine which
isn't working is in another domain, not resolvable by the system, e.g.
/etc/resolv.conf listed search domain and/or nameservers.

> I have a question about the dse.ldif file. Can that
> file be modified by hand, or does it require some
> binary such as ldapmodify to make changes to it?

You can modify it by hand if you stop the server first. Changes during
runtime will be lost. If you modify it during runtime via LDAP, then
changes are saved.

BR,
Mike
--